Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Roadblock #1


There have been a few roadblocks lately, but nothing that we can't handle.  When I am about to stress about these ubsurd things, I am reminded of this...

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart . . ." Psalm 27:14

(Thanks to a fb friend for sharing it ;) I love how God speaks to me, especially when I really need His word)


So, I am completing the paperwork for a grant to pay for the materials that will be used for Luke's therapy.  These materials are needed to try to replicate the therapies that he will experience at the KCC and to train our SLPs here specifically with these methods.

Roadblock #1
I realized that most of our doctors are too busy to write a letter to a non profit on our behalf, so I drafted one that they could use.  I called ahead and requested that the neurologist read and sign/approve our letter and was DUMBFOUNDED by the response.  I would need to be billed for a doctor's visit AND pay an additional $25 for the doctor to review the letter.  This would still not be a guarantee that he would agree to signing or approving the letter.  

I was seriously FLOORED~and still am.  This is the same doctor that billed us over $700 dollars for our last appointment.  Brad reminded me of this and that the test that they attempted that day was not valid~that is the reason we are having to do it again this week with sedation at SGMC. 

This is totally unexceptable.  Especially since this same doctor had assured us that he would help us gain grants and assistance.  He failed to mention that there would be a charge for this help.  :(


Getting Around Roadblock #1
Where there's a will, there's a way~and no one can stop my mission.  I have a timeline that I am trying to stick to because there are other people involved.  (The agency that is representing us in submitting the grant and the non profit that is granting the requested support)

I emailed our pediatric geneticist and our genetic counselor with the exact same request about signing off on the letter.  The genetic counselor answered me almost immediately with a resounding YES~they would get it done by next week.

I am still aggravated that I had to email someone that we have only seen 1 time for help, when the doctor that I am still making payments to was going to charge me for the same deed.

Pray that I can stop myself from telling his wife about this when I see her.  I hope that I can bite my tongue, but knowing me, probably not. 


And to tell you the truth, I would want to know if my husband was charging people for his signature.

No comments: