Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, December 19, 2010

If I Could, A Mother's Promise

At this time of year, I get a little giddy when I open the mailbox. 

I got that giddy feeling yesterday when I opened the mailbox and saw that I had a package. 

I was excited that I had received a present in the mail, but even more excited about what it was....a book!  I adore books, especially children's books!  And this one was sent with love from my Aunt Alecia.

It is a very special book, because it explains what mothers would do for their children.  My aunt understands what I am going through and has spoken to me several times since finding out about Luke's difficulties.  The book is called If I Could, A Mother's Promise by Susan Milord and it goes something like this...

If I could,
I'd rouse the sun
and make it shine
till day is done.

If I could, 
I'd paint the flowers
to brighten all
your waking hours.

If I could,
I'd swim the deep
in search of treasures 
for you to keep.

If I could,
I'd sing a song
to make the stars wink
all night long.

If I could, 
I'd make you see
how very much
you mean to me.

You are the song.
You are the light-
a treat and a treasure,
a joy and delight.

This much I know, 
this much is true
I couldn't love you
more than I do.

But, if I could,
I would.

I have a feeling this is going to be our new, favorite book!
;)

No comments: