Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's a Brand New Day

It's a brand new day~and I have a better attitude.  Yesterday was my day to throw an "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" kind of day. 

So, I have had the pity party~cried, sobbed, threw a couple of tantrums worthy of a 2 year old, and then picked myself up off the floor.  It was about 30 minutes after that I received a call from the grant wanting more information, particularly wanting to speak to Luke's neurologist and have them say that he needed the intensive therapy and materials we had asked for.  Of course this was WONDERFUL news, but how was I going to get the neurologist that wanted to charge me money for his signature to actually talk to the doctor on the board.

Well, I went to work emailing every doctor and contact that I had on file and made a plan to wake up early in the morning and stalk the neurologist. 

I am proud to say~Mission Accomplished! It only took about an hour for me to stakeout the office and wait for him to arrive.  I ambushed him before he could get to the back entrance~How could he tell me no?  He couldn't!  I wouldn't accept no for an answer~and thankfully he obliged. 

Now if he can just get the office staff to retype the letter, sign it, fax it in, and actually talk to the doctor that is on the board~we may have funding for more of Luke's therapies ;)

Please say a prayer~I know that God wouldn't keep making a way, if it wasn't His will. 

No comments: