Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, December 13, 2010

Mommys on a Mission

A friend just welcomed someone new to the world of apraxia to our club, but reminded her that it wasn't a club that you would choose to belong to, more like a club that you join to help you and your child get through. 

True DAT~this isn't like Rush!  I didn't pick this group,
want to wear their colors,
want to be their sister,
want to pledge my allegiance,
want to adopt their creed,
want to help their philanthropy.
I wouldn't choose any part of Childhood Apraxia of Speech for me or for my child.

I wouldn't want to be the class president of this club, but lately I am thinking that I might be voted in ;)  I know my husband thinks that I am with all the emailing, texting, and phone calls from these "sisters".

I am glad that I have been able to share a little bit of the knowledge that I have gained with others. 

I hope that this information gives them the hope and vision that they need on this journey. I hope that my spirit and enthusiasm gives them strength to keep questioning professionals and push on for their children.

I know that without the others that helped me from the discussion boards, blogs, etc. I wouldn't be in the place that I am now. 

I honestly believe that God is leading these people to me, so that I may help them bypass the roadblocks that we had to face.

I thank God for giving me my voice and for being able to use it to assist others.

This weekend I was able to meet 2 new apraxic mommys online.  I also emailed and talked to another mommy whose child was just diagnosed today. 

Although I wouldn't sign up for this club if given the choice, I am so grateful that there are others out there like us looking for answers, searching for glimmers of hope and finding the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Mommys on a Mission!

No comments: