Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Friday, January 7, 2011

Dear Lord~Prayer from a friend


Elizabeth Owens Steedley posts on facebook in her status: How can I pray for you today?  It is the most powerful post and what happens from it is even more powerful. 
 
I asked her to pray for Luke and for all that is going on with the pending grants and fundraising.  
 
She shared her prayer with me and I just couldn't stop reading and rereading it.  It is one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever read. 
 
My favorite part is the end~I bolded it.  It reminds me of what I keep saying...what a testimony Luke will have when he does speak! 
 
Here is the prayer~ 
 
Dear Lord,
 
I thank you for Mary and for the opportunity to pray for Luke.
 
Lord, I thank you for the progress that has been made so far in his treatment.
 
I pray that you will continue to put the people in his path that are needed to unlock his voice.
 
I pray for wisdom for those treating him and that they would find new and imaginative ways to care for Luke.
 
Lord, I pray for the Tarpley's as they face the mounting financial burden of this undertaking.
 
I pray that you will open the windows of Heaven and that blessings will fall upon them.
 
I pray that they will be amazed by the grants and financial blessings that are afforded to them.
 
I pray for blessings upon Mary, Brad, Maggie & Luke and that through this, they would draw closer to each other and closer to you.
 
I pray that we will hear from Luke's very own voice the Praise and Glory that YOU deserve for the miracle that is happening in their lives.
 
In Jesus' Name.
Amen.

4 comments:

dotcomkari said...

oh that is beautiful!

Mommy Square said...

Thanks~I just had to share it! ;)

Liz said...

Chill bumps..:)

Mommy Square said...

Thanks Liz~the catholic in me says just change some of the words and the names and it can be your prayer, too. I was so touched by it.