Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Floored


My hopes were definitely not high, I know by now not to get excited about anything that happens with our early intervention agency.

We formally requested another speech session from them and presented it today at a "coaching meeting". 

I didn't attend.  I couldn't bring myself to sit through another one of their meetings.  I also couldn't handle more disappointment. 

I honestly did not think that they would approve our request.

So when our service coordinator called me, I was prepared for the worst. 

I must say that I was happily suprised though. 

She let me know that the coaching team had approved for Luke to have an additional speech therapy one time per week for 30 minutes for the next 3 months.  The "coaching team" will meet again in 3 months and decide whether the extra speech has helped him. 

She went on to commend us for all that we have done for Luke and for being so involved in his therapy.  She said that all of our work had not gone unnoticed.  She also reminded me that it hasn't been BCW's fault, they want what is best for Luke, they just have to follow the guidelines that they are given from the state.
 
Wow~!  I am floored. 

Floored that they finally agreed to another speech session...this brings us to the grand total of 3 (3X 30 through them) at least for 3 months ;)

When I pick myself up off of the floor, I'll let you know.  ;)

No comments: