Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Mother's Embrace Is Forever

Margaret Jeane Broyles Tarpley

It doesn't seem like it has been 4 and a half years since we lost her.  I think of her all the time.  I think about how things would be different if she didn't have to leave.  I remember all sorts of things about her. 
~How she would tap her pointer finger nail on her pursed lips when she was nervous
~How she always referred to herself as Mrs. Charles Lee Tarpley
~How she could get fired up in a moment's notice about school or sports ;)
~How nobody wanted to sit in front of her at football games because they would get pounded by her pom pom
~How she would blow the horn and all the guys would run out of the house and unload the van
~How she raised such an amazing son (and suggested that he ask that Duplantis girl out)
~How she agreed to retire to care for our first child
~How she exclaimed "what are we going to do with a girl" when we told her we were having a girl
~How hard she fought cancer and how she never let it stop her
~How she loved us, even with all our imperfections

I wish she was still here.  I wish she would have been able to see Luke.  I know she would have adored him.  I know she would be so proud of her Maggie.

Lucas Charles and Mary Margaret

Not a day goes by when Maggie doesn't talk about her, her Gigi.  She remembers so much about her. 

I see how Brad and Maggie miss her every day.

We love and miss you~

3 comments:

Paula said...

I can still see her coming down the hall to pick Maggie up from preschool....

Mommy Square said...

Thanks Paula~she adored Maggie and was so proud to take her ;)

Lynn said...

She freely answered so many of my questions when my momma got Ovarian Cancer. She told me what to ask the doctor and what to expect when we first started chemo. We just celebrated 6 years since Momma's diagnosis and I often think of Jeanne. She was a trooper and a lady to be admired.