Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

My Heart~


I guess I am just the kind of person that gets wrapped up in other people's lives~their struggles, their fights, their causes and their amazing stories. 

I have a heart like that~and I am so grateful that I do.

~Sometimes that heart gets me into trouble. 

~Sometimes that heart allows me to volunteer to do too much. 

~Sometimes that heart hurts because I can't do as much as I want to do.

~And sometimes that heart feels so full...
full of joy for what I have accomplished,
not just for Luke,
but for others that are in our same boat.

I answer lots of emails, lots of phone calls and lots of facebook messages about apraxia and grants.  From therapy, to diagnosis, to help with finding a non profit~I give lots of information out.  I must admit that I feel like I am sharing a little bit of what I have learned along this journey to them.  I hope that I am helping them and their children.

I dream of one day being able to do this for others...with the OLIVE YOU FOUNDATION.

More about the plans for Olive You~

The Olive You Foundation will be created in honor of Maggie and Luke Tarpley. Both had/have speech difficulties early on, but with ongoing therapy and support they found/are finding their voices. We will have a parent organization that is a 501(c)(3). This ensures that all donations to The Olive You Foundation are 100% tax deductible.


OU will assist in helping children with speech and language disorders by funding supplemental therapies and treatments. OU will also assist charitable organizations who serve children with communicative disorders.

Our purpose will be to provide grants to help children who have speech and language disorders. Our goal is to allow children with communication difficulties the chance to better express themselves. The Olive You Foundation will strive to provide children the opportunity to receive assistance to help improve their communication.

Olive You Board of Directors~
Mary Clare Tarpley, Founder and Executive Director
Charlotte Duplantis, President
Melanie Langston, Vice President
Brad Tarpley, Treasurer
Rachel Allen, Secretary
Kimberly Boals McDaniels, Director of Outreach
Amy Struble, M.Ed., CCC-SLP Advisor
Angela Broderick, Advisor
Scott "Panther" Fisher, Multi-Media



“The Board of Directors of Olive You hopes that we can help others with their communication like those people and organizations that helped Maggie and Luke. Their efforts are the reason for this organization.”

- Mary Clare Tarpley, Executive Director of the Olive You Foundation

No comments: