Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hi, My Name Is...BUBBA!!!


If your child has Childhood Apraxia of Speech, then what I am about to say is something you know very well.  It is so hard for them to say their name, let alone answer when someone asks them what it is. 
It seems like all the kids that we have met, or know with CAS have hard names.

So, when I noticed that Luke could say Bah-Bah for bottle or in our case now, a sippy cup~
I thought that maybe I could teach him to say Bubba.  And with a little bit of practice, he had Bubba down pat. 

Me: What's your name Luke? Luke, what's your name?

All the while, Luke answers...BUH B-UHH!

What can you say...Thank God we live in the south!

No comments: