Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Georgia Pre K Cuts

I am sickened by the fact that my state (Georgia) has decided to cut Pre K to 160 days per year, I guess in an effort to balance their budget. They also are only going to give these Pre K teachers 60% of their pay next year. :(



Absolutely pitiful, but I hear no one voicing their outrage. If you are interested, here are the links to let your voice be heard.

http://www.votesmart.org/official_state.php?state_id=GA&dist=&go2.x=5&go2.y=8

Someone has to be a voice for these children, will it be you?

How will this "make the first five count"?  I can think of a lot more ways to cut the budget without cutting programs that directly touch children.  And believe you me, I will be that voice~a LOUD voice. 

No comments: