Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Writer's Block

The thing about this blog is. 

I write what I want and when I want to. 

I don't have deadlines. 

There is no set schedule. 

Pretty much, I just get the urge to write and I do.

It's just me and I make my own rules. 

So when I had to write a bio for myself this week and I had to finish it in a week...

The pressure was on. 
I avoided it. Like the plague.
I whined about it on Facebook.
I even tried to get out of it. 

But, I can't avoid something just because it's hard. 

I mean...I bust out bios for Maggie and Luke all the time. 

But for me. 

Crickets. 

Focus, Mary. Focus.

We can do hard things.

I needed a bio if I was going to present at George Washington University's CHAMP camp this summer.


We spent 2 great summers in their intensive Childhood Apraxia and Motor Planning Camp; but this summer will be different. 

We will no longer be "campers" and I won't be a "parent facilitator" during parent education this year. 

I am going to be a presenter. 

Sharing with other parents about grant and funding opportunities.

And that bio. 

I knocked it out quickly when I kept my eye on the prize. 


Said bio below.


Can't wait to talk about what we have learned along this journey. 



No comments: