Teachers Pay Teachers

Pre-K, Kindergarten, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Adult Education, Babies/Toddlers, Elementary School, Middle School, High School - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CHAMP Camp Day 4 Graduation



CHAMP Camp Graduation Day is a BIG deal.  It's hard NOT to get emotional about the progress that occurs, the friendships made, the lessons learned and the inspiration gained. 


I found this book at the GWU bookstore and it seemed to fit perfectly...Luke does have BIG plans. I gave it to Luke graduation morning and we gave Abby the same book as part of her thank you gift. 


Parent education for the last day was incredible. Britt Collins (OT) and author spoke to us about sensory processing. It was most informative and left me wanting more. I am getting her books ASAP.  Britt has worked for Dr. Lucy Jane Miller at STAR Center. I think that in itself is a stamp of approval. 



I was brought to tears when one of the campers thanked his parents and grandparents for bringing him to CHAMP. I cannot tell you how affirming his gratitude was. I pray that one day Luke will be grateful for all that we did to ensure that he was able to communicate.


Super Luke at CHAMP graduation ;)

No comments: